This Parsley Pesto Fennel Yumminess is only the beginning. I was trying to find a recipe for the Harvest Series to represent my love of this vegetable. So tough.
Because: What so great about fennel? EVERYTHING.
My love for fennel is forever. And my love for this parsley pesto fennel is also forever. I’ve been eating a variety of it for YEEEEARS. It is fabulous on its own. But it’s also fab made into a brown rice or zucchini spiralized pasta, with added seasonal veggies (like asparagus, mushroom, chunks of zucchini), some type of animal protein (tuna, chicken, shrimp). But the base is always the same: fennel + parsley pesto = Parsley Pesto Fennel Yumminess.
So why is fennel fab?
- It’s mild, subtle, sweet, slightly licorice flavour
- Super so good for digestion — especially gassiness
- Increasing milk supply, if you’re nursing
- Crazy high in vitamin C
- Adds a richness and texture to any dish, without overwhelming
- Helps ease congestion
- Stimulates appetite
- High in veg fibre
- Versatile: great in soups, salads, slaws, stir-fries, pastas, fresh-pressed juices, smoothies
- Seed is also fab: used in tea, cajun spices, other yumminess (like Kitchari)
We use fennel in a variety of ways on the Fall Community Dump (doors closing soon). In case you want to give that a go. xo
Try the simple recipe below and just TRY and come away from it still thinking you don’t like fennel 🙂